This support item provides individual life skills development and training including public transport training and support, developing skills for community, social and recreational participation. We can support you to develop everyday life skills that increase independence and control. Building everyday skills not only allows you to be more independent, it also builds a greater sense of self-esteem.
- Personal hygiene: such as showering, toileting and personal care
- Nutrition: such as shopping for groceries and planning for and preparing a healthy meal
- Household management: such as money skills, household care, laundry and clothes care
- Health and wellbeing: Preparing a healthy weekly menu, Shopping for groceries, Cooking and healthy eating, Support to be more active
- Travel Training: Road safety, using public transport, planning how to get to and from destinations
- Communication: Developing and maintaining relationships, friendships and group work, visiting local community centres, eating out
Capacity Building – Increased Social and Community Participation
The supports in this support category allow participants to take part in skills-based learning to develop independence in accessing the community.